It’s Friday, the sun is shining, BOTH kids have walked themselves to school and I finally have the place to myself for half a day and all I feel like doing is crawling back to bed.

What a week it has been, and I’m not talking all glories and wonder, more along the lines of:

“Mum my tummy hurts……no, here…..HERE” and then 10 minutes later he is out the door waving a wooden sword at anyone who comes by.

One hour later,

“Mum my tummy hurts” where my response is “Mmmmm, ok have a drink of water, maybe you need to go to the toilet”

“You always say that!”

But of course the tummy only decides to take it to another level at 2 in the morning!! Sadly this conversation happened all week and then before I knew it, I had both boys down and out with bodily fluids pouring out both ends and very little sleep going on. A quick trip to the Doctors office was fun. We missed the first bus downtown due to explosive eruptions, however, managed to keep everything in place for the next hour- Thank god!

I love it, when I went into the doc’s office with both boys and explained the situation he then turns to me and says,

‘So what are you hoping to get out of this visit today?’


I stared at him for a bit and then said in my least sarcastic voice, ‘I want something to stop the bodily explosions they are having….perhaps a cork? Enough is enough and when I have to air the house out and scrub the floor at 3am, I’m thinking you really need to help me here, that’s what I want out of this visit today, thank you’.

And with that he looks at me with a crinkle in his brow and says “Hmmm, you had to air the whole house out? well I can understand you wouldn’t like that”…….and what I felt like saying but managed to find some sense of control was-

“No I didn’t bloody well like that at 3am and I also want a full nights sleep but I’ll settle for drugs for these two if you don’t mind!” I’m wondering if my patient smile got that message through?

Anyway, we got the meds, we got home without any mishaps and I am happy to say the meds worked really fast and I had one back at school yesterday and the other went back today- YIPPEE!! I can now get back to the piles of laundry I have waiting for me and hopefully a few blue patches of sky will hang round long enough to dry it.

On a happier note the roses growing in my garden are absolutely flourishing with all the rain we are having so I am taking my cup of tea out into the garden to sit and stare at the decadent colours on display before I start to hose down the germ infested house. And if there is anything I have learnt from this experience it’s to be hard core with the boys washing their hands more than usual because after a google search on Doc MD I find the rotavirus is down to them not washing their hands properly!! Now where are those roses…..




16 thoughts on “TGIF

  1. Have had the exact same problem here as well! Lis has spent the past two days at home and with bayram starting on Monday she will miss out on a total of 10 days school! She is very happy!!

  2. The roses are beautiful, good to hear the boys are back to normal again!
    I had to get up twice last night but thankfully there was no cleaning involved 🙂

  3. I’m sure next week will be better! Pleased to hear they are better we were worried about them when you rang. Give then a kiss and a cuddle from us. ( okay perhaps not……can just see their reaction!) XX

  4. Oh wow – you had quite a week! Yes, TGIF! No more of that, please!

    Hope you slept a lot over the weekend. Yay for both walking themselves to school!

    • If only…I was a little fast with my TGIF as we have had more of the same all week BUT today I went to a new (Italian doc) and she gave us a clean bill of health!!! School fir both boys tomorrow- woohoo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s